Sunday, October 12, 2014

My first purchase on Google Play is Automotive

Just saw Automotive (directed by Tom Glynn and starring Will Estes and Emily Baldoni) on Google Play and I really liked it. Among other things, I was intrigued by the selling point of the movie: action is shown entirely around the perspective of a car. The film is independent to the bone and definitely not for everyone given its minimalist and near experimental streak.

Emily Baldoni in Automotive
Here is one of my takes on the puzzle story (watch out if you haven't seen it because I am giving away hints which might spoil your pleasure of being driven by the plot) :

Someone who betrays his/her significant other is a cheater. Someone who betrays his/her dream boy/girl, fantasy or real is a complete loser. Someone who betrays his/her father/mother figure, fantasy or real is cursed. Now what chances do he/she have to escape when this authority figure itself is a corrupt?

No comments: