Saturday, October 15, 2011

Of guilt

Five months after the first mass rally in Madrid, the "Indignant" movement is back. Activists from all around the world have mounted an international day of protest under the slogan: "Unite for global change" and that day was, is, today, October 15, 2011. The Geneva gathering was said to be taking place in La Place des Nations, right in front of the UN, so I decided to drop by around 1 pm and hear what they had to say about economy bankrupt and the tragedy of human beings.

Weather was incredibly sunny despite the cold. A blessing. I took pictures (see below), exchanged a few words with the people I knew there. I watched, listened for the most part but then after the two hours, I left because I was starting to feel hungry. On the way back home, I thought to myself of all the guilt I had inside.

I attend a protest march but what do I do to make things change for real? Very little besides complaining. Recently I got angry for what people do in and to their life. They claim they disapprove the world we live in but at the same time they nourish it by investing their energy and money into it. What about me? Am I not "feeding the beast" by arguing constantly with them?

I should stop getting angry all the time and worry about the consequences of keeping my door shut to all the crap. This takes guts and I have to admit that I am afraid of my own choices. I want to feel at peace with my peers and loved ones, I also want to conduct my life a certain way, based on truth, honesty and freedom as much as possible even though sometimes it means disagreeing loudly.

You may be reading this post.... Philippe, I wish you were and could have seen what I saw.

 Sure I heard about the Anynomous movement but I have reasons to doubt its genuinity. Am I wrong ? Am I right ? Still don't know. Now this was the first time I got to meet one its reprensative in flesh. Gotta listen and watch before judging, I guess.


Local television and radio catching up with Anonymous

 


Most heartwarming moment I experienced there : listening to this self-claimed "wealthy" indignant and witness in the Jerome Kerviel trial. I didn't mention about his occupation was but it sure had something to do with banking. It men in his position begin to speak, hope is still left...

No comments: