Friday, May 22, 2009

I haven't forgotten about you, Alaska

Close friends who are following might wonder what happened to my feature film script set in the wild lands of Alaska, "Sourdough". It's been quite a while since I talked about it to anyone or worked on it. Let's say that my mind had been busying itself with other stuff lately. But it's still there, somewhere, dormant and waiting for Prince Imagination's kiss to wake it up again. In the meantime, I thought of sharing some stuff. Old piccies from the Nome and Klondike Gold Rush were my main inspiration from the start for the project. And 70's British band Groundhogs's music. Their moody bluesy prog rock tracks have been on my A-playlist since I was a teenager. Here is flavor of the week, Bog Roll Blues and some dirty Groundhog riff. Courtesy of YouTube (even though YouTube - and the Google machine behind it - is anything but courteous). Hope you like it.





EDIT, May 30th, 2012 : Found recently this vibrant accoustic cover version performed by rapperfrgman. Awesome!


No comments: